lunes, 19 de marzo de 2012

Leather {outfit}


I'm trying to be a vegetarian..again, I think its just a way to say "thanks and sorry for the mess" to the world where i'm living. But then I found myself in trouble when I use this 100% leather jacket, yeap I don't eat it but should I wear it?. It doesn't sound right, i feel like i'm cheating, but i don't want to throw it away, it was my mom's jacket, a great vintage find from my moms closet, she used to wear it when she was in college (she was about my age), and I love to wear it because I still want to pretend that i'm my mom, like when I was 5 years and walk around the house with her heels and lipstick. So here I am in the middle of a good piece of dead with good memories. But then I realized that It's a second hand item, and that brings more good than harm, than instead of throwing away something that could have an impact because of a premature and symbolic end of life and disposal, I can use it once again and give new life to it and not look at it like a piece of dead animal.

Estoy tratando de volver a ser vegetariana, es la forma mas practica de decirle al mundo "gracias y perdón por el desorden". Pero me encuentro después en este dilema cuando me pongo mi chaqueta de gamuza (100% cuero), ok no me lo estoy comiendo pero si me lo estoy poniendo?. Parece ser que no es muy correcto y siento un poco que estoy pecando y rezando con la misma mano, pero no la quiero botar, era una chaqueta de mi mama, uno de esos agradables tesoros que encuentro en el closet de mi mama. Ella solía usar esta chaqueta en la universidad (cuando tenia mi edad) y me encanta usarla porque yo aun tengo esa necesidad de parecerme a mi mama, como cuando tenia 5 años y andaba por la casa con sus tacones y su labial. Entonces me encuentro en medio de una pieza de cuero llena de buenas memorias. Pero después entiendo que no debo verla como un pedazo de cuero sino como un objeto de segunda mano, y que hace mas bien que mal estarla utilizando, en vez de botarla y crear mas basura y darle fin a un producto que aun esta perfecto, puedo usarla y darle de nuevo vida y no verlo como un pedazo de animal muerto. 


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Pash Journal